Are you planning a vacation this holiday season? Make sure your key control doesn’t also take time off by completing the following tasks before you leave:
- Collect all company keys from employees taking vacation (unless the keys are previously approved long-term key issues).
- Ensure employees follow a daily key control checklist.
- Make sure a system administrator will be accessible at all times.
- Set up overdue key alerts.
- Look for and address employee theft warning signs.
With these precautions, you can rest assured that your keys are secure and accounted for while you’re enjoying your time off with friends and family.